Program/Project Specialist (Child Development Background) (Flagstaff and Williams)
|Salary Range:||$28,160.00/YR to $35,200.00/YR DOE @ 32 HPW|
|Benefits:||Full benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD, short-term disability, PTO, holidays, 401(k) match, and advanced education reimbursement etc...|
|Employment Type:||32 hours per week|
|Description:||We are hiring a Program/Project Specialist with a child development background for our Healthy Steps program. This position will serve both Flagstaff and Williams. The schedule will most likely have the specialist going to Williams two days per week and staying in Flagstaff two days per week. The specialist will work closely with the pediatric provider team in both areas, serving as the link between the medical provider and families with children 0-5 years old. The specialist will support the primary medical provider by bringing more specialized knowledge to non-medical problems in the area of child development and behavior. The specialist will help support mothers and fathers in their role as nurturers of the emotional, behavioral, intellectual and physical growth of their children by providing education, support and linkages to community resources.|
|Duties:||• Develop and sustain relationships with organizations, health centers and community centers, maintaining a consistent presence in the community and collaborating to identify potentially useful resources for families with children 0-5 years old.|
• Perform ages and stages developmental assessments with families at well child visits.
• Coordinate Healthy Steps service delivery.
• Monitor quality assurance and performance measures.
• Manage the data entry duties and monitor documentation of service delivery, program processes and other documentation related duties.
• Make referrals to other community services and follow-up with families.
• Work with families on goals and outcomes through contact during well child visits.
• Provide useful resources and educational materials for families .
• Perform home visits at key developmental stages.
• Send out LinkLetters to families, reminding them of upcoming appointments and educating them about developmental stages.
• Educate community leaders and partner organizations about the Healthy Steps program and the work of First Things First.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s required/Master’s preferred.|
• Preferred three year’s experience in early child development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
• Cultural competence with Native American and Hispanic cultures.
• Travel required (Must provide own transportation/mileage reimbursed at the state rate, which is currently $.445 per mile).
• Must be bilingual in English/Spanish.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.